Thursday, November 03, 2022

Ezekiel 36:16-20. When we wrap ourselves and our sins in the flag of religious devotion...



"Moreover the word of the Lord came unto me, saying,
"Son of man, when the house of Israel dwelt in their own land, they defiled it by their own way and by their doings:...
"Wherefore I poured out my fury upon them for the blood that they had shed upon the land, and for their idol wherewith they had polluted it: 
"And I scattered them among the heathen, and they were dispersed through the countries: according to their way and according to their doings I judged them.
"And when they entered unto the heathen, whither they went, they profaned my holy name, when they said to them, "These are the people of the Lord".  (King James Version)


The word of the Lord came unto me saying
"My son, when the people who knew me, and called themselves my people, lived in the land that I had given them, they made it a country full of sin by their choices and their actions:...

"I responded with energy and swiftness because they embraced the sins of anger, violence, and killing, and because they embraced ideologies, and powerful entities. and leaders which encouraged those sins and extolled such responses and actions.

"And so I allowed them to be attacked and defeated by other nations that do not know me.  My decision to do so was a just and appropriate response to their decisions and actions.

"And when they were among people who do not know me, they treated my name with irreverence and abuse whenever they declared, "We are the people of the Lord".  


Sobering to consider today.

The Lord's considered offer, which some accepted, and others did not: Ezekiel 36:21-32



No comments: