Saturday, January 31, 2009

a.m.a.a.w.w.i.t.r.a.a.y.b.n. part 5



So, if
receiving loving, accepting, peaceful, inviting trustworthy interaction, motivated by real love is what reassures us and enables us to respond to others with real love
and
we wish to become people who can give that gift to others
and
other “sort of like love” expressions, though helpful, do not endure,
and
Jesus is the master of that kind of real love such that when we encounter it from him it not only empowers us to love but also moves us and leaves us profoundly affected for a long time,
can you see what he might be talking about when he told his disciples
“I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit...As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love.”?
So the best question to ask myself, as I seek to create loving, empowering, enduring, joyful relationships is, how do you become a person who abides in him: who continues in his love? For that is what will ultimately empower me to love the way I desire to love.

No comments: